Last night, i published a rather lackluster account of my mostly-adequate attempt to accomplish ten tasks before January 1, 2012, set forth in September of 2011. I managed to do 6 out of the 10; not shabby, but certainly not stellar. As my friend Morgan commented, “6 out of 10 is passing in college, so I’ll take it.”
And while i’m glad to have at least passed my initial challenge, i am a Gryffindor. I don’t take defeat very well – not very well at all. Therefore, i am not going to lie down and let the list go undone – i am burning the boats, facing forward, and upping the ante. Perhaps not the wisest idea as i couldn’t even complete ten things, but still. Gryffindors are not always revered for their brains. And i did think i couldn’t write 50,000 words in one month, but i managed. So maybe i’ll surprise myself.
Enough rabble – to the point! I am now, hereafter setting forth, a new and revamped and more extensive list. What’s this? You already know what it is from the title?
Oh. Cut the dramatic music then.
Well, i guess here’s the list, and stuff:
FIFTEEN THINGS FOR LIZZIE TO (HOPEFULLYMAYBE) VICTORIOUSLY COMPLETE IN SIX MONTHS TIME:
- Go to a Broadway show.
- Shake John Green’s hand and tell him how Looking for Alaska saved me (melodramatic, but pretty true).
- Road trip to Vermont. Eat Brenna’s cooking.
- Get a summer job.
- See my brother Thom’s directorial debut – a play entitled The Pillowman, whilst never relinquishing the hand of the poor soul who winds up sitting next to me from sheer terror. (Seriously, the show will be brilliant and scarring).
- Go to a temple, synagogue, or some kind of house of worship different from the kind i was raised in.
- Apply for studying abroad in 2013.
- Finish the first draft of my novel.
- Host a live show on BlogTV or something akin.
- Go ice skating. Preferably on the MHC lake.
- Blog every single day for one week.
- Celebrate my one-year blogging anniversary with a giveaway!
- Write postcards. Actually mail them.
- Present a blog entirely in photographs.
- Watch a documentary.
Now, i do realize some of these are repeats from the last list. But! The things i’ve repeated are things i feel worth repeating – tasks i wished i had accomplished or ones i know i can do again. Big and small, these are the ten goals i aim to have completed by May 7th, 2012. Whew, that seems so distant from me now – but i am assured that, come that date, the time will have flown faster than the TARDIS.
Until then, ducklings.
current jam: ‘blink’ chameleon circuit.
best thing in my life right now: sherlock. new episode sunday! and the premiere of season 2 of downton abbey! (it’s really laughable when people call me productive. really. i do nothing but spew nonsense here and watch telly).